I have installed WPBlacklist but it isn’t working! What’s wrong? This might be due to any of the following reasons:
1. Have you activated the WPBlacklist plugin from the Plugins panel on the WP Administration screen? If not, you need to activate the WPBlacklist plugin.
2. Do you get PHP errors when you try to post a test comment but your comment appears anyway? In this case, you might have certain entries in your blacklist which are not regular expression safe. Usually, this happens when you have an entry in your blacklist with a “/” not preceded by a “”. So, all you need to do is search your blacklist for such entries and either edit them so that each “/” is preceded by a “” or delete the entry altogether. This happens particularly in the case of URLs where you have “http://” – which should read as “http://” to be regular expression safe.
Yesterday and earlier today, I was having some problems with comments: the comment would be posted but the person leaving the comment would get an error screen: it seems that somehow the blacklist had fallen victim to the item (2) above. I ended up dumping my whole blacklist (emptying the table) and repopulating it. Kind of annoying since the most likely way for stuff to be added is via the plugin or the publicly available blacklists.